There is difference between chemically grown and organic food. Studies reveal that most of the farmed crops are sold to the market and reach the consumers after a long gap. This gap is shortened with the concept of Farmer’s market. They sell organic food items ripened in the natural way without involving chemicals or dark boxes. The taste of organic food is always better and it also has the best health values.
Organic food is grown without the usage of the wrong elements for quick ripening of the food. The disadvantages of free radicals can have bad impact on the skin and cause many health problems. Even if the food is washed well, it might contain several chemicals harming the body from inside.
Benefits of Farmer’s Market to the Environment
- It is less polluted by the insecticides and fungicides, which is the safe way to protect environment and the animal populations. for further details visit : https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/grants/fmpp
- Local farmers can deliver the best food with freshness as they don’t require traveling large distances to sell their products. It reduces the fuel needs as well as the pollution.
- There will be less cold storage food available, if farmers are able to sell their products there and then to the locals. Hence, the electricity and other resources are saved.
- There is lots of packaging material wasted every year for preparing pre-packed food in market. It can be avoided by initiating people to purchase from the Farmer’s Market.
- There are millions of tons of food items wasted every year due to numerous reasons due to several reasons. Either the food gets wasted in supermarkets, packaging or rotten before using. Farmer’s market enables people to buy exactly what they need and the food given to consumers is up to the mark for the correct health of consumers.